If you want romance, come to St. Croix! Our landscape has a natural romantic ambiance – glorious sunsets from a sandy beach, 75 degree weather, blooming flora and fauna everywhere, charming, historic towns with cobblestone walkways (looks like something from a movie), alfresco dining options under a canopy of stars, dancing under the moonlight, picnics in gardens or on a beach….there is romance everywhere, just bring the love!
So in honor of Valentine`s Day, here are some unique and romantic date ideas that you can do right here on St. Croix (and you don`t have to do this just on Valentine`s Day):
1. Surprise your significant other by taking them to the most eastern point of the United States, Point Udall! Be sure to pack a picnic, some bubbles and turn up the stereo to dance underneath a canopy of stars.
2. Since Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, why not go on a staycation? Whether you want to experience The Fred out west or the quaint and charming hotels in the heart of Christiansted, there are some great options to change up the scene in your life.
3. Or take it to the next level and surprise your Valentine with a weekend trip to one of our sister islands. It is just a hop, skip and a jump to St. Thomas, St. John or the BVIs!
4. Order some pizza from Un Amore, Castaways, Blue Water Terrace, The Mill on the Boardwalk, or Lazy Dog (just to name a few), grab a bottle of wine and head to a sandy beach to watch the sunset. Sunsets are best on the west! But it doesn’t mean it isn’t beautiful over on the east side – the after glow is spectacular over there!
5. Create your own food tour around Christiansted! The charm of the town from its cobblestone walkways to historic archways and colorful exteriors paired with the eclectic epicurean scene will surely make for an eventful evening. Start early and beat the crowds! Stop by each restaurant to see if there’s room at the bar and ask the bartender what their best appetizer and drink is.
6. For those lovebirds that love early mornings, why not take a couples hike up Goat Hill and watch the sunrise from one of the highest points on island – pack a breakfast and a thermos of coffee or bush tea!
7. Charter a sailboat for a sunset cruise – don’t forget the wine and cheese!
8. Hop in your jeep, take the jeep top off and tour the island from sunrise to sunset. Click HERE for a perfect road trip around St. Croix.