Coldwell Banker’s The Report 2022 is designed to be a definitive guide for international high-end property buying and selling, The Report adds insider intelligence to strong industry research by combining anecdotal insights from local Coldwell Banker Global Luxury Property Specialists affiliated with the Coldwell Banker® brand, as well as the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, Wealth-X and other leading luxury and wealth insiders.
Included in this year’s report:
- Luxury in Review: A look back on the luxury real estate market trends that shaped 2021
- Vision Survey: An exclusive survey of Luxury Property Specialists on the latest home buying preferences impacting the high-end
- U.S. Luxury 2022 Outlook: The six trends most likely to influence this year and beyond
– Supply and demand equilibrium
– Rising luxury price thresholds
– A new map for luxury
– Luxury new development on the rise
– The sustainability shift
– Return of international buyers
- The Opportunity Index: A review of 120 U.S. markets that still may have room to rise and houses to buy in 2022
- Global Luxury Outlook: The wealth and real estate footprints of 21 international cities outside of the U.S. provided by Wealth-X
- Financial Drivers of Wealth: The economic and financial factors impacting luxury real estate, plus 2022 money insights from wealth expert Barry Ritholtz
- The Agent’s Changing Role: A Q&A with M. Ryan Gorman, Liz Gehringer and Tim Foley
The Coldwell Banker Global Luxury® program collaborated with the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, Wealth-X and other third-party data sources to analyze median list prices of sold properties, median sold prices, median sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median price-per-square foot, median days on market, as well as the highest list and sold prices for the top 10 percent of 120 U.S. luxury metros. The data for this report is based on closed and recorded sides of homes sold during 2020 and 2021; the statistical information has been calculated using closed sales activity reported over a 24-month period from December 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021, as gathered from multiple sources including but not limited to various Multiple Listing Services, local Real Estate Boards and the Coldwell Banker brand co-operating brokerage firms. Data is deemed reliable but not guaranteed for accuracy as it may not reflect all of the real estate activity in the area. To profile the affluent with a net worth of $5 million+ by population and wealth, Wealth-X uses its proprietary Wealth and Investable Assets Model. For more information on how data was collected and defined, please refer to the full methodology on pages 138-139 of The Report.