Guest author: Corinne, STX Weddings & Events, stxweddings.com
The story of how you proposed will be told to friends and strangers for the rest of your lives (no pressure!). STX Weddings & Events suggests any of these romantic, and foolproof, proposal ideas. When you’re done with the proposal, reach out to Corinne (owner and lead planner) of STX Weddings & Events to help create your dream wedding in America’s Paradise.
1. On New Year’s Eve, take your love to the most eastern part of the United States, Point Udall, just before midnight and propose as the perfect start to the new year. Then celebrate with a kiss and plenty of champagne.
2. Have your proposal at sunset at one of the historic St Croix Forts, (Frederiksted or Christiansted) with the Caribbean blue water all around you and friends and family a safe distance away. Once you’ve proposed, have everyone show up for an impromptu celebration.
3. Plan a party filled with friends and family at one of St Croix’s premier bar/restaurant near where you’ll propose, and then suggest a celebratory drink after your partner says “yes.”
4. Propose at the gorgeous Estate George Botanical Gardens when everything is plentiful and in bloom. Hire help or have a friend or family member set up a picnic—complete with your partners favorite wine and cheese. Then come up with an excuse for taking a stroll where you’ll stumble upon this surprise proposal picnic.
5. Buck island is a perfect spot to propose! Whether you pop the question 60′ under water (Scuba) or at the very top of Buck Island with jaw dropping ocean views have a photographer hidden close by. After your proposal, your photographer can snap some posed photos too.
An Underwater Engagement
In his memoir, True Compass, Teddy Kennedy shared the story of when he gave an engagement ring to Vicki:
We announced our engagement in March and I gave Vicki an engagement ring in April when we were visiting my sister Pat, who had rented a house for Easter in St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We were snorkeling at Buck Island Reef—named by President Kennedy to be part of the National Park system in 1961—where I had placed the ring for Vicki to find near a coral head. I’m just thankful that a big grouper didn’t swim away with the ring before she saw it.
If you make the commitment to spend the rest of your life with your special someone here, you might just find yourself wanting to make St. Croix your home. And we can help with that!