“I love my island beer, born and raised, it’s made right here, got me in the irie mood, Leatherback beer’s got me feelin’ good”. This catchy jingle can be heard across the radio stations in St. Croix — it just makes us want to sip one of their craft brews and be in the irie mood. Restaurants started pouring their locally-brewed craft beers in late 2017, cans became available in grocery stores and markets in April, and Leatherback Brewing Co. had their grand opening on May 12, 2018.
Seven things we 💛 about Leatherback
- They incorporate local ingredients, like basil, ginger and lemongrass in their Saison. We’ve heard rumors of a mango brew once the local trees start producing!
- Their cans are a work of art.
- The owners and team love St. Croix as much as they love beer.
- A Brewery Tour is now a tourist attraction on St. Croix.
- They’re a new venue for musicians — check out who’s playing at Leatherback on St. Croix Calendar.
- Their beer isn’t the only thing that’s handcrafted — tasting room tables and bar accents are made with upcycled pallets.
- The outdoor bar is the perfect place to sip a cold one.
This new business is an exciting addition to St. Croix. If you haven’t already, be sure to visit their brewery and tasting room in the William Roebuck Industrial Park. Leatherback Brewing Co. is open seven days a week from 11am to 7pm. Follow them on Facebook and visit the Leatherback Brewing Co. web site.