Owning beachfront property is a dream for many people. And by this, we are not surprised. We’re not going to lie, we think owning beach real estate is about as close to perfect as you can get. But, as much as we love it, we know there are some real cons to owning beachfront property. Here’s our list of pros and cons for beach real estate, though you’ll have to scroll pretty far down the page to find the cons of beachfront homes!
Pros of Beachfront Property
- You literally live where other people pay big bucks to vacation for a week.
- The view from these homes never gets old! The beauty of a sunrise and sunset over the water is breathtaking. All the hours in between are pretty spectacular too!
- There’s no need for an expensive white noise machine. When the ocean is outside of your homes, you hear the relaxing sounds of the waves all the time on these properties.
- You can solve just about all of the world’s problems while sitting at your estate on beachfront property, staring at the water, contemplating life.
- From the relaxing sounds of the beach to the calming colors to the health benefits of being in salt water to the wonderful real dose of Vitamin D, the ocean is very healing.
- There’s always something to do when you have a beach estate, like go for a walk, snorkel, swim, daydream, fish, paddle board, kayak or a number of other aquatic activities.
- Waterfront property is usually accompanied by a real beach breeze that will keep your home and outdoor living space cool.
- Your beachfront property estate value is likely much higher than similar homes that aren’t on the beach.
- It’s all about Location, Location, Location. And let’s be real, the beach is a pretty sought-after location!
- Beachfront real estate on St. Croix, compared to other islands and stateside beach properties, is quite affordable.
Cons of Beachfront Property
Additionally, here are some of the cons of beachfront properties:
- No matter whether you have an outdoor shower or not, sand in your house or condos is inevitable.
- Some beaches more than others, you may have to deal with tourists and other locals hanging out around your homes and properties.
- Salty air can sometimes take its toll on things in your house or on your properties, especially electronics.
- Development costs for beachfront property can be slightly more expensive. Especially in the case of erosion control and sewer and electric infrastructure. This is something to be aware of with these types of homes.
- Insurance for a beachfront property tends to be a bit higher than normal.
- Your in-laws might want to visit for extended periods of time!
Find Amazing Beachfront Property Listings With St. Croix Realty!
If you have considered both the pros and cons, and you think you are ready to jump into the adventure of finding your beachfront property on St. Croix, let us know! Our company, Coldwell Banker St. Croix Realty will be happy to help any and all people looking to live out their dreams of owning beachfront real estate. No matter what you are looking for in terms of specifics, our team of experts on St. Croix homes can help you find the right place to live out your future. Reach out to us today and we’ll show you the real estate listings. Our houses are like living at resorts year round!You will be glad that you took the first step toward beautiful beachfront property.