Calling all crucian gourmets, gourmands, and foodies of every age – Dine Vi is officially starting tomorrow!
The V.I. Department of Tourism has teamed with local restaurateurs and farmers to provide a variety of dining experiences that will familiarize locals and tourists alike with new places and the special tastes of St. Croix.
Participating restaurants have agreed to offer three-course three-option prix fixe dinners during the event for either $35 or $49. Menus will include locally-sourced and/or traditional items, but menus aren’t the only thing unique to Dine VI week … Gospel Brunches on Sunday, November 1st for example, will feature choirs from local churches and, on Monday at the Lawaetz Museum, the Landmark Society will showcase local produce and food products.
In addition to the restaurant specials, here’s a list of events that will add to the fun and make Dine VI
• Wednesday, October 28 Food Learn – a farm-to-table learning event for kids
• Thursday, October 29 Dine VI media launch dinner
• Friday, October 30 Food Truck Festival and Frederiksted waterfront entertainment
• Sunday, November 1 Gospel Brunch – enjoy brunch and talented local choirs together at either The Palms in C’sted, Sandcastles in F’sted, or at Carambola
• Monday, November 2 Living Museum and Bull & Bread Celebration
• Tuesday, November 3 Get Wined Up in C’sted town or enjoy Crucian Fusion Cocktails in F’sted
• Wednesday, November 4 VI Locally Grown Farmers Market at Lawaetz Museum
• Thursday, November 5 Reef Responsible Workshop at The Nature Conservancy – led by Kemit Amon-Lewis, a Scuba Diving magazine “Sea Hero”
• Friday, November 6 Food Cruise – a mid-island food tour
• Saturday, November 7 Limpricht Park Fair & Hendricks Market Rededication
• Saturday, November 7 Feast Christiansted – A musical “Jump-Up”, bartender demonstrations and restaurant specials will be presented
• Sunday, November 8 Coral Reef Swim – Buck Island to The Buccaneer
• Sunday, November 8 Reef Responsible Fish Fry – a sustainable seafood culinary event with between 10 and 15 chefs at the grills!