St. Croix Realty Blog
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Real Estate on St. Croix
2016-09-30 10:59:46 by Amy Land de-Wilde
- We're a Tropical Paradise! The sun shines nearly every day, and temperatures average just about 80 degrees. It's warm and beautiful year-round. Forget winter heating bills.
- Beaches! With over 25 palm-lined beaches on St. Croix, you have your pick. Most are quiet, many offer great snorkeling or beach dives, some are perfect for toddlers, others feature volleyball.
- We're U.S.! A United States territory, we use the US dollar and we speak English. Buyers receive a deed and can purchase title insurance; real estate transactions are familiar and easy.
- Good Values! Prices beat those on other Caribbean islands, and our waterfront prices are far more affordable than in the States.
- Friendliness! We're good natured and courteous. Islanders open their arms to newcomers. Wherever you go, you will be greeted with 'Good morning!' or 'Good afternoon!' (Drivers are friendly, too - we always let you into traffic! No sign of road rage here!)
- Natural Beauty! From sandy beaches to hilltop views, from underwater sea life to pelicans and sailboats, from rainforest to nature hikes, beauty surrounds you.
- Fun Activities! To name a few: golf, tennis, kayaking, paddleboarding, surfing, kite surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, hiking, swimming, yoga, paddleboard yoga, windsurfing, shell collecting and lazing on the beach with a book. Pick your pleasure.
- Great Food! From vegetarian to local-fare food trucks to fine wining and dining, we offer delicious diverse foods in diverse settings. We're famous for our agriculture, farm-to-table foods, seafood, and our multi-cultural heritage that is reflected in our cuisine. No wonder our St. Croix Food and Wine Experience has gained an international reputation as a top food festival.
- Tax Incentives! You may qualify for giant tax benefits if you relocate, start or grow your business on St. Croix. Check out www.usvieda.org.
- Change is Good! We embrace a good life and offer opportunity to reinvent yourself and leave the rat race behind. St. Croix is a melting pot of people from all over the world seeking a better way of life. That explains why we're all so happy here!